HOME        •       ABOUT       •        TRAVELS       •        SHOP       •        CONTACT      

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Recipe: Baked Fries

When I was younger, I loved french fries, thanks to McDonalds which instilled that fried obsession in me. My mom would cook up some baked fries every now and then, but I never liked them as much as the McDonalds kind. To be honest, I kind of forgot about baked fries, until recently when my R.A. {resident advisor} made some for girls' night at the dorm. I ate those things up like they were candy and I finally appreciated their baked goodness: less greasy and much healthier than fried.

Two months later, I finally got around to making some of my own. I combined these two recipes that I found here and here.

I took a shortcut and made the fries using spices I had on hand, so I'd recommend following the recipes listed above. But here's what I did.

Ingredients:
4 Potatoes
Olive oil
Oregano
Paprika
Garlic powder
Salt
Pepper

Directions:
Slice potatoes into 1 cm strips. Mix potatoes with olive oil, oregano, paprika, garlic powder. I eyed the amounts...about 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and a 1/4 tablespoon of each of the spices...I like my food rather plain so I was light on the oil and spices. Add a dash of salt and pepper. Place in oven at 400 degrees and cook for 25 minutes, flip potatoes at the halfway point. The fries should have hints of golden brown when they are done baking. Best when eaten right out of the oven :).

Linking up here!

1 comment:

  1. I never think to make baked fries either! These look great and would go perfect with some turkey burgers :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete