HOME        •       ABOUT       •        TRAVELS       •        SHOP       •        CONTACT      

Sunday, September 9, 2012

The New Norm

It is so different being here in Israel.

I am still trying to find a new normal in the midst of all this craziness. I'll admit to missing my family, sweet friends, and cozy bed. But as I begin my third week here, it's beginning to feel a little bit more normal, a little more settled. I think I can get used to this.

Wednesday is field trip day. So far, we've toured Old City and New City Jerusalem. It's kind of mind-blowing to know that we are walking where Jesus walked! I hope these sights never lose their wonder.

And the food, oh the food. It is different, but I kind of like it. There is lots of fruit for breakfast and veggies and meat for lunch and dinner. All our meals are kosher which means that each meal either has dairy or meat, but not both. No cheese burgers for us!

Typical breakfast. {Chocolate cake, fruit, and eggs.}

An encouraging truth:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. {Proverbs 3:5-6}

0 comments:

Post a Comment