HOME        •       ABOUT       •        TRAVELS       •        SHOP       •        CONTACT      

Friday, January 11, 2013

College Finances & Resources



Thank you to Wells Fargo for sponsoring this post! To learn more about the Wells Fargo Community check out WellsFargoCommunity.com

Let’s take a little moment to talk about finances, since it's a new year and all. When thinking about where my money goes, my number one biggest expense is without a doubt...COLLEGE {and everything that comes with it—housing, books, car, meal plans, and even those random expenses like that $200 student activity fee (yep, there’s a fee for everything!)}. Now I know what they mean by poor college student.
Getting an education on this {well lit} campus costs a pretty penny.
I was talking to my great uncle and he said that he paid $90 per quarter when he went to college. That wouldn’t even pay half a day’s education at my school! Crazy how times have changed. With those hefty tuition bills racking up, I've done a few things to curve spending, such as planning to graduate a semester early and the usual sale shopping & coupon clipping.

I recently found out about a hidden gem, the Wells Fargo Community. It’s an online forum where people (students, parents, college counselors, financial advisers, or anyone who has advice to gain or share) can ask questions and post answers about any and everything related to college...from finances & saving, to finding the right school, scholarships, and even life after graduation. I was browsing around the site and it's basically an online college counselor. There is a wealth of information!

A few topics that caught my eye:
>>     Painless ways to potentially save money {There were a ton of tips for this one. My favorite: cut back on soda and junk food, saves money and it's healthy, win win.}
>>     What is the cost difference between private and public colleges? {Here's a quick answer to a question I spent hours researching when I applied to college.}
>>    Good student info online. {There's a list of top apps for students. Notetaking & digital planner app? Yes, please.}

If you take a look around the site let me know what you think!

/ / / / / 

For more information about the Wells Fargo Community, please visit Wells Fargo Community's site. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own. #WFCommunity #spon

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ann, thanks for the review! We hope the Community was helpful to you!

    Kate
    Community Mananger
    Wells Fargo Community

    ReplyDelete