HOME        •       ABOUT       •        TRAVELS       •        SHOP       •        CONTACT      

Thursday, July 17, 2014

All Grown Up

The Thursday before last Thursday was my last day on the job that I worked at throughout college.
{That may have been the most confusing sentence ever.}

In other words, after nearly three years, I quit my college job in anticipation of a new, full-time job.
My coworkers are so sweet. On my last day, we went out to lunch and they surprised me with the most precious gifts. I am going to miss them! I couldn't have asked for a better job or nicer people to work with. 

Tomorrow is the first day of my first full time job! 
It's been seven months coming since I got the job last fall. Seven months, and it's finally here.
I can hardly wrap my mind around the fact that I'll be a working lady, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. My stomach is a pit mixed with excitement (because I love the company that I'm going to be working for) and hesitation (because it's the end of an era). 

No more spur-of-the-moment, mid-week trips with friends, no more sleeping in, no more staying up until 2 am just because I can. That wonderful, beautiful will-nilly freedom is about to fly away.

BUT there are also so many yes's. Yes to learning, yes to building relationships, yes to putting that college degree to use, yes to earning a salary!

I am excited. And nervous. And I feel all grown up.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Congrats!! I can't imagine the 8 hour a day, 5 days a week life yet, even though I might have to start that sooner than I think after I graduate. Good luck to you :)

    xo, gina

    ReplyDelete